Saturday, August 30, 2008

Marudamalai..

This post is mainly pictures....pictures...and pictures... This is a temple in a place called Marudamalai, outskirts of Coimbatore. Hmm...I like it for a fact that its way up in a mountain...and for the number of childhood memories i have relating to it. My cousins and i going in the bus from the foot of the mountain....we would pray....i wonder what did praying mean to me then. I mean, what can a child possibly pray? toys> chocolate? ah! i dont know! anyway, with that over...it was tender coconuts that we feasted on next!
I remember throwing one down because my brother tried drinking from mine or something! This is always quoted to say wat a ferocious child i had been (or still am :) ). I keep thinking, the same stones, the same mountain, the same practically everything, it's seen me as a child...and growing up to this age! Its seen my grandad taking us all. And all those memories came down pouring today, and just like then... I dont know what did i pray...or if I prayed at all!

1 comment:

The Maverick Blog said...

Marudhamalai is the heaven on earth!